Moonfire Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm which aims to be the most compelling and best performing early-stage firm in Europe by aggressively using technology to accelerate and inform the entire investment process. At Moonfire, we’re passionate about enabling European entrepreneurs to dream big and execute fully on their bold ideas at the very earliest stages of their journeys.
At Moonfire, we have assembled a team of world-class investors, technologists, and product leaders. Founded by Mattias Ljungman, Moonfire leverages the vast experience that Mattias brings to the table having previously spent 13 years as a Co-Founder and Partner at Atomico with investments in many successful startups such as Klarna, Supercell, Viagogo, Rovio, and more.
As we recently described in our recent blog post which announced our $60m European Pre-Seed and Seed Fund, we believe that European tech and venture is going through a renaissance and now is the perfect time for a new fund to support founders at the earliest stage. It could not be a better time to launch a new seed fund to support the industry. Our first $60 million fund marks Moonfire’s first official moment but, of course, we have been working away in the background over the last year, building the team, building our technology, and making our first investments in companies like Humaans, Skunkworks, Oliva, and many more.
About the Role
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our growing Moonfire team. In this role, you will act as a true partner to the partners based in the UK. You will handle handle their day-to-day activities, anticipate the needs of their teams, and effectively resolve administrative and operational issues before they arise. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in an Executive Assistant role with a special focus on executive-level support and inter-departmental collaboration. You will exercise good independent judgement to independently assess your role in light of the needs of the organisation and proactively adjust your priorities and approach.
The candidate will drive Moonfire's mission to remain a small focused team that has best in class firm operations. As we scale our operations with multiple funds, a large portfolio of investments and a team of partners the support will become critical to our success. Helping us seamlessly scale, a successful candidate will drive our day-to-day to new heights while embracing Moonfire's ambition to be the best venture firm.
At Moonfire, we know that we are only as good as our team. We hire the best people and we develop our team constantly. To be successful in this role, you must be a world-class individual who is passionate about working with other world-class investors and operators.
- Be a partner, proactively anticipating the needs of the partners
- Manage complex calendars using Google Calendar including; vetting, prioritising, and providing recommendations
- Manage a high-load inbox using Gmail including: vetting, prioritising, and providing recommendations to maintain a tidy inbox
- Plan and coordinate external facing meetings, which may include founders, investors, LPs
- Assist with event planning and coordination for team meetings, all-hands meetings, summits, and Business Reviews (quarterly), annual general meeting (AGM)
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements (including hotel reservations, visas and other travel documentation)
- Assist team with budgets, invoices, and timely review and submission of expenses
- Assist managers with team building and culture and serve as the barometer for team morale
- Contribute to leadership meetings by taking notes and tracking action items
- Assist with facility/space planning logistics
- Work on other tasks and projects as assigned
- At least 4+ years experience supporting one or multiple VP-level leaders in any sized business or a Director-level leader in a global business
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Versatile, proactive, and dedicated to efficient productivity
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, often changing environment with efficiency and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Proactivity and self-direction