We understand and respect the importance of your privacy and below we explain:
- who is collecting data
- what information we collect about you
- how we will use this information
- how data is stored
- who it could be shared with
- your rights and how to exercise them
- other websites
Who is collecting data
Data is collected and controlled by Moonfire Ventures LLP (“Moonfire”, “us”, “we” or “the Firm”), which has its business address at 37-41 Mortimer St, London W1T 3JH.
Moonfire is a specialist venture capital fund arranger and advisor focused on early-stage, unquoted technology company investments. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 932750).
Alice Pillar maintains responsibility for data protection and can be contacted by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we collect about you
We collect the following categories of personal data when you register on our website, participate in our surveys, subscribe to our newsletters, attend our events, or e-mail us for any reason:
- Contact details (telephone number, email address and postal address)
- Employment details
We also collect information about your usage of our website using cookies (see below).
We collect data and use machine learning to source and screen investment opportunities and to make our investors more efficient. Those data may include the following categories of personal data:
- Contact details (e-mail)
- Employment details
- Geographical location
- Other personal data that you publish or voluntarily disclose to us
How we will use this information
We will use this information for the following purposes:
- to provide you newsletters, reports and other information about our events and activities, if you have registered to receive it
- to occasionally ask you to participate in one of our surveys or ask you to provide feedback to us
- to source and screen companies and founders for investment opportunities
- to evaluate candidates in hiring processes
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes you can opt out at any time by sending us an e-mail at this address: email@example.com
How data are stored
Personal data are stored on / in the following systems, which are accessible to all employees that have a legitimate need based on their role:
- our CRM system
- our knowledge-management system
- our internal messaging system
- our databases
We store data securely and for only as long as we legitimately need it for our business. Data are typically stored for a period of 10 years from our last successful contact with you, or until your consent is withdrawn. Data that we collect for sourcing and screening companies may be stored securely for longer for research purposes and to observe trends over time.
With whom data could be shared
We may share your personal data with:
- corporate affiliates and subsidiary companies
- third-party service providers such as, providers of software and security services and IT platform service providers
- business associates (e.g, investors, lenders, advisors, or financial intermediaries) who are involved in, or considering being involved in, transactions where we are involved
- professional advisors (e.g., accountants, lawyers or other consultants)
- regulators and other governmental agencies
We will only share your information with third parties when:
- you agree;
- it is necessary to perform the services you have requested from us; or
- it is necessary to carry on our business in legitimate ways, provided that your freedoms and rights are not being overridden.
When we share your information we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information and privacy are protected in line with our legal obligations.
Your rights and how to exercise them
We remind you that you have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, or a restriction of processing, or to object to processing of data concerning you. You also have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
You have the right to receive your personal data that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from us. In exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from a controller to another, where technically feasible.
You can contact us to exercise your rights at the address mentioned in the previous section.
If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable data protection laws, as data subject you have the right, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
This helps us make our website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your details so we can recognise you if you visit our website again.
This privacy notice applies only to this website which contains links to other websites. If you access websites through the links you should read the privacy policies specific to those websites.